Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Wedding of River Song

So I was finally able to watch the series 6 finale of Doctor Who on Monday night. I'm still not sure how I felt about it. I've had mixed feeling this entire series, especially the second half. We started off with 'Let's Kill Hitler', which I didn't really enjoy. Once upon a time I really loved River Song and I really looked forward to finding out more about here. I feel like Hitler was the start of the down fall of her for me. Her story suddenly became over done and cheesy. I really just didn't enjoy her at all anymore.

There were a few episode I enjoyed, and a few bits of other episodes I enjoyed. But over all I was very dissapointed with part 2 of series 6.

Now on the finale. River is too overpowered. It really waters down her character. I loved the part leading up to his death, where he was talking about all the things he could do. (especially the references to Rose and Jack, two of my favorite companions) I also enjoyed how the Doctor escaped death, I just wish River hadn't been involved. Why did they need to get married exactally? I believe that River was in love with the Doctor at that point, but I don't think he was in love with her yet. I just.....I've gone from loving River to hating her.

I guess we'll see where this goes with the next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment