Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Book Review: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andews

 

Book:Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
Author: Jesse Andrews
Genre: Young Adult, fiction, humor
Rating: 4.5/5
Format: Paperback
Where I got the book: B&N
Favorite Character: None.


I had been meaning to read this book for a while. I kept seeing it everywhere and would pick it up, then for some reason set it down. Finally I bought it and ended up reading it one day. I then watched the movie. Overall, I enjoyed the book. I think it was humorous and I enjoyed Greg as a narrator. I appreciated that it didn't focus on some grand romantic teenage journey and seemed more realistic than most books like this.

However, I did like the ending to the movie better than the ending to the book. The ending in the book just seemed haphazard and all over the place, where as the movie was able to get the same point across in a cleaner way.

Good, quick read. Managed to not cry in the book, but did cry during the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment