Friday, November 20, 2015

Book review: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Attachments
Book: Attachments
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Genre: Romance, fiction, contemporary
Rating: 4.5/5
Format: Paperback
Favorite Character: Beth
Website
Goodreads


This book had been sitting on my TBR for a while. I had read Fangirl, Eleanor & Park, and Carry On. I was excited to branch off into Rainbow's ealier books aimed at adults.

Overall I really enjoyed this book. I think it was made better that I read most of it in my cubicle at the bank I work for. There is a team of Lincolns somewhere that go through out emails and report to HR if anything is inaapropriate. And just like Beth and Jennifer my friends spend a lot of time saying things we shouldn't be....shh... I found the characters to be realistic and I liked that it took place on the eve of the millennium. I feel like the story would not have been the same if it took place today. 

My only complaint and the reason it didn't get a five star rating from me is the ending. I really didn't like the ending. I felt like the entire book was build up and then at the end it felt rushed and like suddenly everything was perfect and happily ever after. But I found it to be awkward and unrealistic. Other than that I was pleased with this book and look forward to reading Landline as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment