Friday, April 3, 2015

Book Review: Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld



Book: Afterworlds
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Genre: YA, fiction, fantasy
Rating: 3.5/5
Format: Hardcover
Where I got the book: I really loved his Uglies series and had the picked up the chapter preview from B&N one day. Then bought the book when I saw it after it came out.
Favorite Character: Darcy/Yama


So I kind of broke the rules of this book I feel. I started reading it like normal, alternating stories with each chapter, but it was so jarring and I had trouble getting into it. So I ended up reading all the Darcy chapters then going back and reading all the Afterworlds chapters. Once I started this I got super into it, especially Darcy's story, because I wasn't pulled away ever chapter. I had a little more trouble getting through the AW chapters, but I can't complain much since I read the book wrong.

Overall I enjoyed this book, despite the strange layout. I'm not sure if I would have read it so quickly if I read it in order, as it loses some of the pull. I don't think it was quite as good as Uglies, though that is a whole series and this is a single (double?) novel. I would suggest trying to read it as suggested and deciding which way works for you. <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment