Saturday, May 9, 2015

Book Review: The Heir by Kiera Cass (Selection #5)

The Heir (The Selection, #4)

Book: The Heir (Selection #5)
Author: Kiera Cass
Genre: YA fiction, dystopia, romance
Rating: 3.5/5
Format: Audio Book
Where I got the book: Audible
Favorite Character: Kyle, Eric, Henry, Hale.

So I wasn't sure about this book going in. I really enjoyed the other Selection book, but I wasn't sure how I felt about a time jump. I was more interested in what happened to America and Maxon after the end of The One. I ended up listening to this book on my phone and I actually ended up getting super into it. I'm going to continue this under a spoiler cut though, just in case.
(Spoilers)
I spent most of this book hating Eadlyn, and it wasn't really until the last chapter that I started to hate her less. What a spoiled, whiny brat she is. It's hard to imagine that she was really raised by America and Maxon. I thought it was pretty adorable that everyone from the first trilogy was still in the background of this book. I also liked that at the end of the book I still don't know who the main love triangle is. (Let's be honest here, there is always a triangle.) I'm pretty sure Kyle's got a point and from the beginning I thought something was going to happen with Eric. Those are pretty much the two I am rooting for, though Hale is super adorable. 

I realized around chapter thirty that this book was not going to be the end. And I will admit I spazzed a little because I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.

No comments:

Post a Comment