Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Book Review: Evermore by Alyson Noël





Book: Evermore
Author: Alyson Noël
Genre: YA fiction, fantasy, vampire
Rating: 1.5/5
Format: Paperback
Where I got the book: HPB YA clearance section.
Favorite Character: Damen Auguste


You know, I read a lot of not very good YA fiction. But this one I think has been the worst so far. I finally started reading this book because I have the first two, having picked them up for a dollar each. So I finally gave in and said 'why not?'. It literally took HALF the book to get to the plot. Ever is especially annoying, even in the world of whiny female YA leads. It took half the book of going nowhere to get to a rushed few chapters of actual action and plot. And even that plot is silly. There are SIX of these? I don't even think I can get through a second.

Ever resfuses to listen to any reason, Damen is essentially a god and (spoilers) suddenly Ever is too! Because for some reason you've been reincarnated over and over again and then some hot stalker who keeps following you let your entire family die and you suddenly have god powers. And you spend EVERY DAY bitching about your psychic powers but blow off the one person who continues to offer to help you control them because you don't like that your dead sisters ghost is hanging out with her.

Overall, I mostly got through this book because I was curious about Damen. and I was determined that at some point some actual plot would happen. Damen seemed to be the only character that was tolerable though even he had his moments. Don't even get me started on Haven.

No comments:

Post a Comment