Monday, April 13, 2015

Book Review: Peeps by Scott Westerfeld


Book: Peeps
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Genre: YA, fiction, fantasy
Rating: 2.5/5
Format: Paperback
Where I got the book: Grabbed it at HPB one day shortly after finishing Uglies. 
Favorite Character: Lace


So I absolutely love the Uglies series. and I thought Afterworlds was pretty good. So that set me up for a lot. I know this is one of his earlier books (Right?) but I thought it was kind of 'meh.'. To be fair, the sequel is in the mail on it's way to me right now (Not a single book store in town had it, including the used store. :( ) so there was still a part of me that enjoyed it. I guess it just seemed...kind of juvenile? At least compared to what else I've read by Westerfeld. And I know, it's a YA book. But even for a YA book...

I didn't really like the ending, I thought it could have been better if it turned the other way. I'm going to still read 'The Last Days' because I have a problem and I have to. But overall, disappointed in this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment